Upward Sports Ministry: www.upward.org
Upward is Faith Baptist's primary sports ministry designed for children, both boys and girls, 4 years old through 6th grade, which we offer together with First Baptist Church of Aurora. Our goal is to promote character development and self-esteem in every child, teaching them that in Christ "Every Child is a Winner." Our Upward Sports program offers:
- Flag Football & Cheerleading in the summer/fall season
- Basketball in the winter/spring season
Upward Basketball Schedule of Events:
In Partnership with Upward Unlimited and Cornerstone Church of Aurora, our church offers an Upward Basketball League for children 4 years thru 6th grade, who are split into multiple age divisions. Our league offers an extended, multi-month opportunity for character-building, player development and the formation of deep relationships between teammates and coaches. Players will develop a love for basketball and a healthy competitive spirit and they will learn skills necessary to succeed both on and off the court. The game format and rules are designed to teach basketball at an age specific level that grows with each young athlete.
- Practices are held once per week for each team at either Faith Baptist Church or First Baptist Church of Aurora. Please speak to your child's coach to learn the location, day and time for their team's weekly practice.
- Basketball practices begin in early December and continue through the end of the game season; however, there will not be any practices held during the week prior to Christmas and the week prior to New Year's.
- Games are held Saturday morning starting at 8:00 am - 4:00 pm from mid-January through early March.
- Game locations alternate weekly between Faith Baptist Church and Cornerstone Church of Aurora
Upward Flag football Schedule of Events:
TBA: check back for details for the 2018 Summer/Fall schedule
Please know that Upward is designed to be so much more than just any children's sports league you may have experienced in the past, as Upward's unique features include:
Equal playing time for each participant
No official league standings/team records
Evaluations of each player with the goal of drafting equal teams
Trained officials and coaches
Support of Upward Sports, which helped churches serve approximately 500,000 players in more than 2,000 churches in 47 states last year.